We all can learn from breakfast speaker Kassy Alia
Under our September 11 breakfast speaker's leadership, a vision has grown from a hashtag to a movement for change, touching countless
lives in South Carolina.
Kassy Alia is the chief executive officer and founder of Serve & Connect. She founded Serve & Connect in memory of her late husband, Officer Gregory Alia who was killed in the line of duty on September 30, 2015.
Alia's goal is for Serve & Connect to be the leader in the movement to ending divisiveness. "We want to do that by bringing police and community organizations together to have real and open conversations that seek to understand the factors that contribute to divisive, distrust and issues related to community safety and find creative solutions that are based on that understanding and common ground."
Throughout her time serving the community, Kassy has received several including:
- South Carolina Law Enforcement Citizen of the Year (2016)
- Central Carolina Community Foundation’s Individual/Family Philanthropist of the Year (2017)
- the Post and Courier’s Golden Pen Award (2017)
- City of Columbia Police Department’s Outstanding Citizen (2018)
- and The State Newspaper’s “Top 20 under 40” (2018).
Kassy earned her Master’s in Clinical-Community Psychology from the University of South Carolina and is working to complete her doctorate. She is the proud mom to son, Salvatore.
Add the September Breakfast Meeting on Tuesday, September 11 at 7:30 a.m., sponsored by Spherion Staffing, to your calendar and don't forget to share this event with fellow members!