How To Be A Midlands Green Business
The Midlands Green Business program is a partnership between the City of Columbia, Lexington County, Richland County and Keep the Midlands Beautiful. This program is designed to recognize businesses who adopt sustainable and eco-friendly business practices, thus keeping our community cleaner, greener and making it a more beautiful place to live.
Why Should Your Business Join the Midlands Green Business Program?
- It’s free.
- It’s quick. It only takes 5-10 minutes to complete the online application form.
- It’s easy. Simply provide basic information about your business and complete a checklist.
- You’ll get free publicity for your business.
How Does Membership Benefit Your Business?
- New Lexington County business members are recognized at Lexington County Council meetings, on the County of Lexington Facebook page, on the County of Lexington website and on the Keep the Midlands Beautiful website which houses the Midlands Green Business program information.
- You will receive a decal for your door or window and a certificate to advertise your membership to customers. Being a “green” business attracts today’s customers.
- All members are invited to free quarterly breakfast meetings which are held at different businesses in Lexington and Richland counties. These provide an opportunity to interact with and learn from a wide variety of businesses and an opportunity to promote your own business.
- You will have access to a wide variety of resources and people who are eager to help you.
What Are the Requirements?
- Submit the application form and
- Do something/anything to help our environment (e.g. turn off lights in a room when not in use, recycle paper, reduce heating/AC when building is not in use, etc.).
- You do not have to do something in all four categories and you do not have to do a minimum number of things.
How to Become Part of Midlands Green Business Program