Job – Sausage Professor, Lowes Foods
Become the Sausageworks’ Professor and provide an engaging guest experience while maintaining operating standards that are above reproach.
- While on the sales floor, become the Sausage Professor, the one person in the store with a blinding dedication to all things sausage.
- Interact with guests and hosts fun and friendly manner to create an engaging environment for all guests.
- Ensure all sausage works staff provides fun, friendly and engaging service.
- Actively engage guests through freshly prepared SausageWorks samples and suggestive selling.
- To personally demonstrate superior guest service at all times.
- To perform activities outlined in Sausage Professor character performance description.
- Achieve sales, shrink and profit goals for the SausageWorks.
- Maintain desired level of inventory and supplies.
- Operate the department according to strict merchandising and operational standards.
- Ensure the quality of product for sale meets Lowes Foods standards.
- Maintain sanitation and safety throughout the department according to Lowes Foods standards.
- Provide guidance, orientation, training and feedback to ensure SausageWorks staff achieves satisfactory performance standards.
- Perform product preparation, receiving, ordering, stocking and guest service as necessary to achieve standards.
- Maintain department’s labor budget and scheduling standards.
- Perform PA announcements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Friendly, energetic and outgoing personality.
- Must be able to actively engage guests and be willing to have fun with our guests.
- Willingness to perform in front of large crowd and draw attention to the SausageWorks department.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, simultaneously.
- Ability to stay in character.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. consistently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to read and understand information and direction.
- Knowledge of deli as well as SausageWorks operations.
- Ability to supervise people including training and development.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Effective communication, guest service and selling skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate with, and take direction from supervision.
- Ability to work well with computers.