COVID-19 Resources For Businesses
As new cases of the Coronavirus are continuing to be reported in our country and our state, we want to make sure our shareholder businesses have the official resources they need to protect themselves, their employees and their families.
Below you will find both local and national information provided by various agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA), and S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).
Paycheck Protection Program Is Reopened
US Small Business Administration – The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) has re-opened this week for new borrowers and certain existing PPP borrowers. To promote access to capital, initially only community financial institutions will be able to make First Draw PPP Loans on Monday, January 11, and Second Draw PPP Loans on Wednesday, January 13. The PPP will open to all participating lenders shortly thereafter.
This round of the PPP continues to prioritize millions of Americans employed by small businesses by authorizing up to $284 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses through March 31, 2021, and by allowing certain existing PPP borrowers to apply for a Second Draw PPP Loan.
Key PPP updates include:
- PPP borrowers can set their PPP loan’s covered period to be any length between 8 and 24 weeks to best meet their business needs;
- PPP loans will cover additional expenses, including operations expenditures, property damage costs, supplier costs, and worker protection expenditures;
- The Program’s eligibility is expanded to include 501(c)(6)s, housing cooperatives, destination marketing organizations, among other types of organizations;
- The PPP provides greater flexibility for seasonal employees;
- Certain existing PPP borrowers can request to modify their First Draw PPP Loan amount; and
- Certain existing PPP borrowers are now eligible to apply for a Second Draw PPP Loan.
A borrower is generally eligible for a Second Draw PPP Loan if the borrower:
- Previously received a First Draw PPP Loan and will or has used the full amount only for authorized uses;
- Has no more than 300 employees; and
- Can demonstrate at least a 25% reduction in gross receipts between comparable quarters in 2019 and 2020.
The new guidance released includes:
- PPP Guidance from SBA Administrator Carranza on Accessing Capital for Minority, Underserved, Veteran, and Women-owned Business Concerns;
- Interim Final Rule on Paycheck Protection Program as Amended by Economic Aid Act; and
- Interim Final Rule on Second Draw PPP Loans.
Top line overviews of each PPP loan are below:
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- About Coronavirus Disease(COVID-19)
- Situation Summary (CDC)
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Prevention and Treatment
- Travel > Coronavirus Disease Information for Travel (CDC)
- Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist
- Coronavirus Communication Resources
SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC)
Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA)
- COVID-19 Safety and Health Standards, Control & Prevention
- Protecting Workers During a Pandemic FactSheet
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Guidance for Employers to Plan and Respond to the Coronavirus (Covid-19)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Workplace Tips for Employees
Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- ServiceMaster: Only uses disinfectants that are effective fiven the EPA’s Emerging Pathogen Standard and follows the CDC’s personal protective equipment and safety recommendations.
- SERVPRO of Lexington: SERVPRO is being called on by numerous businesses and community leaders to perform the necessary bioremediation services to clean, disinfect and sanitize their properties. All of our cleanup practices and pricing are in accordance with the guidelines provided by the CDC and local authorities. If you are interested in inquiring about our services we’re here to help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week, while life gets back to normal.
- BELFOR Property Restoration: BELFOR is providing cleaning services for buildings and facilities exposed to COVID-19. All of their services meet the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. (803) 772-9922