We’re Hiring: Communications Specialist
Position Title: Communications Specialist
Position Status: Salaried, Full-Time Position with Benefits
About The Job
The Lexington Chamber and Visitors Center (LCVC) has been creating a community that grows business for more than 60 years. While our organization now serves more than 700 businesses, we offer a welcoming environment for owners and employees to advance their business. The Chamber provides meaningful programs and events to foster business relationships with other professionals. Our work with public policy officials is critical in providing a pro-business climate for your business to thrive, grow and prosper.
The communications specialist will increase the awareness and visibility of the LCVC among the public, shareholders and area visitors through strategic execution of marketing plans and the development of compelling content across all communications channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute marketing strategies for all LCVC events, programs and initiatives
- Create, manage and implement all email marketing campaigns
- Design and produce all marketing and advertising materials including, but not limited to sales materials, visitors guides, social media graphics, print and digital ad creative, annual reports, radio scripts, etc.
- Create and manage a social media content calendar, providing consistent engagement and responses to inquiries.
- Maintain brand standards across all marketing and communications materials
- Create and manage all website content; blogs, digital advertisements, event calendars, webform responses, shareholder business database, etc.
- Coordinate and execute audio and visual elements for all LCVC events
- Communicate with vendors to produce printing and promotional products, as needed.
- Execute all media relations efforts: press releases, press conferences, scheduling interviews for LCVC President & CEO or shareholder businesses.
- Attend LCVC and local community events, where applicable
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or related discipline
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Associated Press style and standards
- Experience in email marketing
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in WordPress
- Knowledge of social media trends and management tools
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Must be organized and task-oriented to ensure deadlines are met
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite
Email cover letter and resume by 5 p.m. on Friday, October 22 to email@example.com with the subject line Communications Position.