July 4 Fireworks Photo Contest
Have you ever wanted to see your photography published or earn a special prize for that one-of-a-kind shot? Now you can!
The Greater Lexington Chamber and Visitors Center needs help capturing a great shot of the July 4 Fireworks Celebration on Lake Murray for it's 2016 Community and Business Resource Guide.
Simply go to the Lake Murray Dam at 9 p.m. to view the fireworks, capture an awesome shot, then message that photo to the Greater Lexington Chamber and Visitors Center on Facebook by the end of the night.
The person with the best photo will receive a $25 chamber gift certificate as well as a photo credit in the 2016 Community and Business Resource Guide for their contribution.
- The higher the resolution, the better! If you're using an iPhone, make sure that HDR button is highlighted when you're in camera mode so you can capture the fireworks in all their glory.
- Try different sizes - Square, horizontal, vertical. Try them all. You never know which angle will get the best view.
- Don't use filters! There's nothing wrong with some contrast or brightness editing, but don't go crazy with the filters. We want to see the fireworks in color, not black and white, inverted or worse!
- Have fun!
- Entries must be submitted via Facebook message to the Greater Lexington Chamber and Visitors Center by 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, July 4.
- Any entries submitted after that time will not be considered.
- Photos with logos, business names or any inappropriate or profane material will not be considered.
- The winner of the contest will be contacted and announced no later than Sunday, July 5 at 5 p.m.
- The Greater Lexington Chamber and Visitors Center has the right to use the winning photograph for any commercial purpose, print or digital.