Creative intern wanted to showcase the best of Lexington!
Lexington is growing, which means the needs of the Chamber and Visitors Center are growing, too! We’re looking for a communications intern to bring and
execute some fresh ideas that will show off the programs and benefits that the Chamber has to offer and celebrate the many facets of the Lexington
Take a look at the description below and if you think you’re the right person for the job (or know someone else who is), send your resume, cover letter
and any samples that display your graphic design and writing skills to Connor Watkins,
START DATE: January 2019
TITLE: Communications Intern
COMPENSATION: Paid (stipend)
REPORTS TO: Multimedia Strategist
ABOUT: The Greater Lexington Chamber and Visitors Center promotes business prosperity and a thriving community
by providing services, advocacy and education for its members. A nonprofit, 501 (c) 6 organization, the GLC&VC represents nearly 900 businesses
and more than 30,000 employees. To learn more about the Chamber and the Greater Lexington area, visit www.lexingtonsc.org.
GENERAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Greater Lexington Chamber and Visitors Center is seeking a Communications Intern to assist
in the development, creation and execution of chamber communications and publications.
- Develop content for promotional materials including electronic newsletters, website, blog and social media, media releases and other materials as needed
- Design print, online and other collateral as needed
- Assist with the development of creative concepts and marketing strategies for the Chamber and Visitors Center as well as specific programs and initiatives
within the organization
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Chamber events
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and/or Photoshop highly desired
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and highly organized individual with ability to work independently and maintain deadlines
SCHEDULE: Flexible scheduling. Applicants should be prepared to commit 15 to 20 hours of work each week.
Attendance at major events will be expected.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should send resume, cover letter and prior work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org