Job - Cake Wizard, Lowes Foods
To grow community through building guest loyalty and providing personal guest interactions that build genuine relationships with guests and result in a brand-aligned experience.
- Provide polite, friendly greetings and interactions with all guests.
- Maintain and deliver the Show aspect of the Cakery by leading the rituals, including music, cake walks, and candles, with both adults and children.
- Actively engage guests through sampling and story-selling.
- Prepare product for sale (pricing, packaging and labeling).
- Maintain product level, quality and freshness.
- When needed perform bakery/Cakery clerk functions.
- Maintain sanitation standards in the cooler, freezer, prep area and sales area.
- Cleans work area.
- Communicate guest requests to management.
- Communicate temperature breakdowns to supervisor.
- Keeps supply area neat, clean and tidy at all times.
- Maintains food safety standards including storage, cleanliness, sanitation and rotation.
- Use cake manual as reference material.
- Performs Cake Decorator functions as necessary such as icing cakes, writing on cakes, and other bronze level skills.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Performs Front Porch duties to ensure “guest arrival” standard is maintained.
- Announce specials and sale info on the PA system.
- Assist in product receiving and storage.
- Friendly, outgoing personality.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. consistently and 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to read and understand information and direction.
- Effective communication, guest service and selling skills.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Ability to bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time.