Pathways to Power
July 21, 2020
- August 18, 2020
This two-part virtual workshop is a coaching foundation to concretely identify your strengths and a guidebook for using them in your community. Women have been reluctant to run for office or explore other leadership possibilities for a number of complicated personal and systemic reasons. This is your opportunity to explore and plan for ways you can serve and lead.
We have more women than ever before running for office in SC (still not nearly enough!) and filing for municipal elections begins in August. Many positions on state and local boards and commissions will become open July 1.
This is a link to full information: Pathways to Power.
Detailed Agenda: More information:
Session 1: Mapping A Courageous Leadership Journey • Tuesday, July 21 • 12 Noon – 1:30 p.m.
Women will engage in self-discovery and learn strategies to help them identify their strengths and make a plan to activate their leadership potential. Participants will leave the session better able to:
- Take risks in pursuing their personal leadership journey,
- Recognize social and personal barriers to their own leadership,
- Connect their current skill set with political opportunities,
- Advocate for and support gender parity in leadership and political representation.
- Determine their individual path to civic engagement.
Session 2: Building Networks • Tuesday, August 18 • 12 Noon – 1:30 p.m.
Women will learn how to get comfortable with networking, maximize the network they already have, and apply those skills to begin asking for donations and
assistance in making their candidacy a reality.
Participants will leave the session better able to:
- Engage current network in the cause of your candidacy,
- Ask for donations of time and/or money from their current and expanding network,
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand their network.
- Both Session 1 & Session 2: $75
- ONLY Session 1: $50
- ONLY Session 2: $50
These sessions are made possible by a generous grant from the Dr. Suzan D. Boyd Pathways to Leadership Fund.
The Lexington Chamber & Visitors Center community calendar is moderated for posting acceptable events, however, does not endorse nor verify the information included. Entries are submitted by community members and include links and contacts for the event host of each event. LCVC does not guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of the link, web site or content linked thereto.