Lexington County Recycling Drop-off
LocationIrmo High School
6671 St. Andrew’s Rd
Columbia, SC 29212
October 3, 2020
- October 3, 2020
9am - 3pm
All vehicles must enter the parking lot from Wescott Road.
- Cooking Oil
- Tires (up to 8 per household, rims are ok);
- Scrap Metal (anything that is mostly metal except appliances with Freon);
- Household goods and furniture in good condition for Goodwill Industries;
- Paper to be shredded on site (up to 5 boxes, tubs or PAPER bags per household);
- Household Hazardous Waste (including up to 8 gallons of liquid paint per household);
- Electronics (up to 8 items or boxes of small items per household).
All residents are asked to wear a mask and to stay in their vehicles while employees and volunteers unload materials at each station.
We are expecting well over 1,000 vehicles at this event but like last year, will do our best to get vehicles through in 15-30 minutes. Please note that electronics are always accepted at no charge at the Edmund Landfill, that cooking oil and scrap metal are accepted at all 11 of Lexington County’s Collection and Recycling Centers and that tires are accepted at six of these sites and at the Edmund Landfill. Also, we are now collecting hazardous waste on a monthly basis at select Collection and Recycling Centers.
Questions? Call 803-785-3340, email email@example.com or visit www.lex-co.sc.gov/solidwaste
The Lexington Chamber & Visitors Center community calendar is moderated for posting acceptable events, however, does not endorse nor verify the information included. Entries are submitted by community members and include links and contacts for the event host of each event. LCVC does not guarantee the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of the link, web site or content linked thereto.