Justin Pepper 5K Walk, Run, Ruck
LocationPalmetto Bone & Joint
104 Ellett Rd
Chapin, SC 29036
August 31, 2019
Saturday 7am - 1pm
The Justin Pepper 5K is so much more than just another 5K. This 5K has a twist..... the RUCK!
Rucking is a great way for exercise enthusiasts to enhance their walk or run by carrying weight in a backpack. We encourage walkers and runners to step up their game and try the ruck. You can find information about rucking at goruck.com. We consider ourselves to be an introduction to ruck and do not want anyone to feel overwhelmed by this portion of the event. There are full race details on our website. We hope walkers and runners will "see" the ruck one year, and sign up to ruck in a future year's event if they are not comfortable doing so this year.
100% of net proceeds will benefit The Justin Pepper Foundation, which is dedicated to engaging youth in volunteerism and philanthropy. The foundation provides scholarships to students in Lexington and Newberry counties for those students that excel in volunteer works and philanthropy. In the past five years, the Justin Pepper Foundation has given $22,000 in scholarships for education beyond high school.
The Justin Pepper Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. There is more information about The Justin Pepper Foundation on our website: justinpepper.org.
The Justin Pepper 5K has three components. A one mile kids fun run ( 3-12 year olds), a 5K for walkers and runners, and the 5K Ruck.
This is a charity run. One hundred percent of the participant entry fees support The Justin Pepper Foundation. Established in 2007, the foundation provides awards and scholarships to youth that excel in community service activities. In the past six years, the foundation has provided $30,000 in scholarships, assisting students with educational opportunities beyond high school.
The Justin Pepper 5K: Walk, Run, Ruck! will be held on Saturday, August 31, 2019, at Palmetto Bone & Joint, beginning at 7 AM. This is a new route from last year, which will start and end at PB& J and run through the new business and technology park in Chapin. The JP5K kicks off the Chapin Labor Day Festival weekend.
We hope you find time to attend several activities during the Labor Day Festival Weekend.
- Ladies, race shirts are universal sizing so you may want to go down one size.
- Baby strollers/joggers are permitted but must participate at the rear of the race.
- NO bicycles, in-line skates, roller skates, scooters, and/or other wheeled vehicles except wheelchairs.
- You will be allowed to bring a dog with you this year. If you plan to bring a dog, you need to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a simple disclaimer you will need to sign stating you will pick up after your dog and keep the dog under control at all times.....to ensure the safety of all our participants. Especially those children that may have a fear of dogs.
- T-shirts are not guaranteed for those registered after August 12, 2019.