COLUMBIA, S.C. – June 8, 2011 – Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced that its Lexington County, S.C. fulfillment center has restarted hiring for hundreds of full-time jobs with comprehensive health care benefits ahead of the facility’s expected opening in fall 2011.

“We’re pleased to be moving ahead with plans to open a facility in South Carolina this fall, ultimately creating 2,000 full-time jobs in the state,” said Dave Clark, vice president, North American Operations for Amazon.  “We appreciate South Carolina’s decision to welcome Amazon jobs and investment, and we look forward to a long, productive partnership with the state.”

Amazon offers comprehensive benefits including:

-       Medical and dental coverage

-       Company-paid vision plan

-       Company-paid life insurance

-       Company-paid disability insurance

-       Paid vacation

-       Annual stock grants

-       401(k) plan with company match

Full-time hourly openings include roles in Picking, Packing and Receiving/Shipping.  Management roles include positions in Operations, Safety, Human Resources and Technical Support.

Candidates for hourly positions can now apply online at www.amazonapplyonlinesc.com or call 1-803-818-3148 for more information. Candidates for management positions can apply online at www.amazon.com/careers.

This year, Amazon was named one of the most admired companies for people management by FORTUNE Magazine.  In addition, consumers selected Amazon as the most reputable company in the US through the Reputation Institute 2011 survey.

The South Carolina fulfillment centers will be operated by Amazon.com.dedc LLC.

# # #
Amazon Media Line, 206-266-7180

About Amazon.com
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle with Special Offers and Kindle DX are the revolutionary portable readers that wirelessly download books, magazines, newspapers, blogs and personal documents to a crisp, high-resolution electronic ink display that looks and reads like real paper. Kindle 3G and Kindle DX utilize the same 3G wireless technology as advanced cell phones, so users never need to hunt for a Wi-Fi hotspot. Kindle is the #1 bestselling product across the millions of items sold on Amazon.

Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de, www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, and www.amazon.it. As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.

Forward-Looking Statements
This announcement contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Actual results may differ significantly from management’s expectations. These forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that include, among others, risks related to competition, management of growth, new products, services and technologies, potential fluctuations in operating results, international expansion, outcomes of legal proceedings and claims, fulfillment center optimization, seasonality, commercial agreements, acquisitions and strategic transactions, foreign exchange rates, system interruption, inventory, government regulation and taxation, payments and fraud. More information about factors that potentially could affect Amazon.com’s financial results is included in Amazon.com’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and subsequent filings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
This entry was posted in Lexington County, Press Releases and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Amazon Fulfillment Center in Lexington County, South Carolina Hiring for Hundreds of Full-time Jobs with Great Benefits

1. David F. Schwab says:

Licensed and experience fork lift driver. Looking for opportunities at your new Lexington County location.

2. Doris says:

Thanks Amazon for coming to SC. I hope that I could work at the Spartanburg location.

3. Melissa Williamson says:

To who this may concern,
    how do i apply for a job opening for amazon? Do i have to come up there or can i fill one out on the computer?

4. How can I apply for a Forklift driver position at amazon ?

5. admin says:

Sorry to say this is just the Chamber blog and Amazon will never see your comment. We are only passing information as where to go apply and have no direct impact on Amazon’s hiring application.

6. Sarah Gunter says:

Is there any way I can check the status of my application?

7. Greg says:

After I filled out the application I was prompted on the computer to walk into the Amazon office to fill out more information. When the list of offices came up there was no Lexington, SC office on the list. Where do I come to complete my application process for Lexington, SC?

8. Joanne says:

Im glad you guys are here and i look forward to working with your company ive heard great things.

9. Tausha Gibson says:

I was wondering will there be a call center/customer service area located with in the new facility or will it just be for distribution and order fulfillment?

10. Dennis Gribble says:

I applied for a job at amazon and I got lucky they called my Friend and left a number from human resources for me to call them back.
    But he wrote down the wrong number…..can you help me to find the Phone Number for Human Resources for a job in Lexington SC, all I got is
    1-888-
    please help.
    tyvm

11. Pamela O'Brien says:

I will be moving to the Lexinton area in February 2012. Do you know of any openings within Amazon at that time?

12. mike says:

I worked there as a temp until last week. The facility is still under construction. I got the job through a temp agency but this type of work isnt for me. They laid off temps after the holiday. I worked hard hoping to become full time but they just dont have the need for that many people.

13. melissa says:

i am trying to find out who is the temp agency doing the hiring for amazon in west columbia i have done the online thnig and i just wanna find out who is doing it so i can go there too thanks

14. Susanna says:

Can you provide a name and the physical mailing address for the person in charge of public relations at Amazon in West Columbia/Cayce. We are a middle school in Lexington District Two and our administration would like to develop a community partnership with Amazon like we have done with so many of our other local businesses in the community, especially since we are located just 2 miles from the Amazon site. Thank you.

15. Jim Varn says:

30 years in Sales Manager ,looking for an interesting position with a growing company so that my skills & experience as a Professional Manager can continue to flourish, while helping your company become more prosperous.

• admin says:

Hi Jim,

Have you contacted Amazon directly? Please find contact information below.

For general inquiries, contact 803-791-6500.

For full-time job opportunities: Go to http://www.amazon.com, click on “Careers” and search for openings by location, position, etc., and apply to applicable postings.

For temporary/seasonal job opportunities: Go to the website address http://www.staffmanagement.greatjob.net.

16. Alichia says:

I was was hired and now waiting on orientation it has been more then a month web sir says start date pending

17. Bryan dukes says:

Hey I’m currently a Sc resident and I put an application in Bout 2days ago. And I really would like a chance to work for your company !!

18. Lee says:

I had a,direct hire interview two weeks,ago. Waiting for a call or email. Is there,a number for hr dept?

19. Kendric Harry says:

I was schedule a pre-interview 10/05/2012. at 4:30 but didnt receive a phone call. so wat am i to do about that. I’m really wanting to work for you all

• admin says:

This is the Lexington Chamber of Commerce, but the phone number we have for Amazon recruiting is 803-818-3148.
      Good luck!

20. Angela says:

I am looking for a warehouse jobs opening, I have five years working in warehous

21. IT’S GREAT. IM TRYING TO GET A JOB WITH YALL IN PACKAGE AND RECIEVING.

22. Ashley says:

Hi, I applyed for a job, and I did get a email about a interview back hear in Aug. But I wasnt able to click or respond to the email… My yahoo account was down and i couldn’t do anything and I’m just seen the email. What can I do now to still get a interview.I really wan this job..

23. keisha says:

WORST PLACE TO WORK…AMAZON IN WEST COLUMBIA…POOR MANAGEMENT IN BLIND LEADIBG BLIND THROUGH SMX STAFFING!